Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal error:

fatbloke

Default Fatal error:

Hi

I have just tried a test paypal purchase on my new install and got this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/software/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 521

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Roy

osCMax Developer

Fatal error:

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

Default Re: Fatal error:

fatbloke

Hi

I have tried that fix and I still get the error

Anything else i can try ?

Cheers

Roy

osCMax Developer

Fatal error:

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

There are a couple of fixes in that thread... Read through the whole thing and make sure you follow all the steps.

Also, see the bugtracker, there are a couple of bugfixes there too.

fisk

Edited because i'm a moron.... I did the fix at the end of the sticky post, and then loaded the BACKUP copy of the file back to the server instead of the modified file... doh! It works now.

fisk
    Last edited by fisk; 01-31-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Invizix

The fix (last post) mentioned in the above sticky thread doesn't work for me at all, it just routes to a new error Line 550. Both the 521 and 550 lines seems to be code dealing with Encryption.

Am I required to have Enable Encrypted Web Payments? Also does my site need to use SSL in order to get the IPN to work??

If anyone can help, then please HELP!

Mushroom

Looking at the module's description it does say it should process without encryption. Not a real good idea, but it should work.

Invizix

@Mushroom

How did you get your's to work in your online store? I've read your posts for a couple week ago. I followed your directions step-by-step but it leaves my shop spitting out a Line 550 error, or what not.

I use osCMax v2 RC3-0-1. I have since reverted BACK to the original osCMax RC3-0-1 paypal-ipn.php file, and now all I keep seeing is an error message on BOTH sandbox and live:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005
    I'm officially at my wits end with this... i'm TRYING my best to establish my retail businesses online, but with all this PayPal crap i'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

@michael_s

When will be osCMax port start for Google Checkout? Also anyway you can mod it to support UPS, USPS, and FedEX?

Mushroom

I'm left out because I do use SSL and bought a certificate. I went looking at paypal_IPN.php and the line numbers don't match up to the 1.4 file that was the first step in solving my problem. No other errors came up for me.. There are a number of ways, according to the file, that you can secure the communications.

At the point you are now I would be verifying I had the correct path to cURL and to OpenSSL. Those are questions your host can provide.

If you are going to do retail online sales I strongly suggest you do the same. I protect my customer's credit card info as if it was my own. That was one of the reasons I dumped my last cart. They emailed me the cc numbers and kept them in a database online for future viewing.
    I don't need that kind of risk.
    I have also had customers that emailed me to tell me they refused to place an order on my site because EVERY page wasn't (https:// ) secured. I know I run away when the any login or payment page isn't locked tight.
    Last edited by Mushroom; 02-08-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Invizix

Yeah I understand that Mushroom, it's just i'm confused about this whole PayPal IPN crap i'm going through, and this constant Message 3005 error i'm receiving BOTH from sandbox and live.

It seems this has been an ongoing issue with PayPal since 2004 or 2005. Apparently the Message 3005 error is when an internal PayPal database function screws up or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast