Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Fatal error:

Mushroom

Default Re: Fatal error:

Or you are feeding a bad line. I went through the same thing. And I hadn't finished developing that solution then.
    Go dl v1.4 ( just the one file) and start over. It's possible you missed something. Relax, it's best to work all this out before you go live. I spent most of December configuring and testing.

Invizix

Does my PayPal account need to be setup as a Business Account? As of right now it's a Premier Account.

Mushroom

Looking at PayPal, I don't see any real difference between yours and a Business Account.

Invizix

Well the same Message 3005 issue occured even with the modded module... HOWEVER... I have resolved the issue... it's an error with PayPal, using the invoice variable in the IPN module...

I simply commented out (//) the line:
    $parameters['invoice'] = substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1);

in the paypal_ipn.php module, and this got rid of the Message 3005 problem. This line needs to be modified or something, to be more compatible and compliant with PayPal IPN.

However the Vouchers problem is still present (Bugtracker #157) and with the 'fix' applied causes the shopping cart to crash with the Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object message... so it's either a problem with the IPN module, or a problem with the Coupon / Gift Vouchers contribution.

Something in which I feel michael_s should look into for the next release, because it is the cause of the Line 521 error.

Other than that, the module works great.
    Last edited by Invizix; 02-08-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Mushroom

> Well the same Message 3005 issue occured even with this new module...
    > HOWEVER... I have resolved this issue...
    > it's an error with PayPal, using the invoice variable in the IPN module...
    >
    > I simply commented out (//) the line:
    > $parameters['invoice'] = substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-
    > ')+1);
    That says you are sending a string that PayPal can't/Won't handle. I'd drop back and see what is generated to fill that string.
    I use aggregate are you using per item in the Admin config for paypal?

>
    > in the paypal_ipn.php module, and this got rid of the Message 3005 problem.
    >
    > However the Vouchers problem is still present (Bugtracker #157) and with the 'fix' applied causes the shopping cart to crash with the Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object message... so it's
    > either a problem with the IPN module, or a problem with the Coupon / Gift
    > Vouchers contribution.
    >
    What was the line number? It should have told you the module ( or it was in the address bar ) and the line number that where it crashed.

Have you any other payment modules installed?

I'll have to ponder if I did anything else for the voucher thing. I fixed my voucher problems before I dealt with the PayPal thing.
    What happened to me, is PayPal suddenly stopped working. I didn't do a DARN thing. I went to IPN and fought through the same errors you posted.

> Other than that, the module works great.

So you are saying it sucks.
    >
    What version ARE you running?

Invizix

I'm using aggregate for the PayPal IPN module. The PayPal IPN module is the only payment module I currently use. I'm using paypal_ipn.php v1.4-modded (same thing happens with the original paypal_ipn.php also) and osCMax v2 RC3-0-1.

Mushroom

Did this get sorted out?

Invizix

Yeah, but the one line required for me to comment it out for whatever reason, it still send an invoice, etc, so I have no idea what that line is actually used for.

Mushroom

Looks to me like it sends your invoice number to PayPal.
    I'm glad it's working.

Page 2 of 2 First 12