Just wanted to give a quick report of the big moving day Everything went very smoothly.. in the 2 1/2 days at was at the company's offices we got ONE phone call and not one single email with issues..

I did submit the new site map early the first day and removed the old site map from my google webmaster tools.

The average number of visits for users for the entire month of Jan '09 was 996 and as of this morning the average number of visitors is 862.. a minor drop which might correct itself by the end of the month.. not enough real data there to tell yet.

I did remove the printable catalog link from the public pages, if someone asks we can always give it to them. I also put the printable catalog in the robots.txt noting DISALLOW for it.

I have not seen any load issues either as of this morning..

So all in all it was a good experience and long term a better system for the company

I think it is very important to note that this particular site is not a "consumer" site, but a highly targeted business-2-business site with 20k registered users.. we are also working on a postal mailing to all registered users who opt'ed out of the newletter to notify them of the move/change which will hopefully bring those numbers up quickly..