Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: installing contributions for oscmax

doumawis

Default installing contributions for oscmax

I do want install a contribution : "more categories"..but it seems that the code from oscmax2.5 is chanced a lot?
    I do want to add a extra infobox and perhaps using a free template to get a personal oscmax
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perhaps it is better to use a old oscmax for installing some old contributions?
    The new code in Oscmax 2.5 must be working with the some old contribution code and i am not a php developer/programmer.
    I think than it is impossible to get Oscmax 2.5 working with some old contribution..am i right ?

bye
    jan

osCMax Development Team

installing contributions for oscmax

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Default Re: installing contributions for oscmax

Pretty much any osCommerce module should install into osCmax ... although as more and more modules are installed the code changes can be affected by other modules.

I do want install a contribution : "more categories"
    Can you post a link to the contribution?

Nope.

I think than it is impossible to get Oscmax 2.5 working with some old contribution..am i right ?
    No - almost any osCommerce contribution will go into osCmax v2.5

Regards,
    pgmarshall

doumawis

Quote Originally Posted by pgmarshall View Post
    Pretty much any osCommerce module should install into osCmax ... although as more and more modules are installed the code changes can be affected by other modules.

No - almost any osCommerce contribution will go into osCmax v2.5

Regards,
    Yes ofcourse i think every osCommerce contribution will go into osCmax v2.5 ..but not like with a old version of oscommerce . .like i did some years ago
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the link for the contribution : more-categories
    This contribution allows you to install more category info boxes on the homepage
    osCommerce: More Category Boxes

The problem is also will the more categories infobox work with a template also?

well i give also the url for a the website : http://www.toysoldat.com/
    BOOT and VLIEGTUIG must have a own categorieinfo box..that is the idea

I am also unsecure about a payment system for Ideal ( it is working on a other shop for a paymentprovider, but it is a old oscommerce shoppingcart) ..and how about oscmax..will it work ideal here?
    I made a other shop http://www.zerospec.com/ and there is ideal working for this paymentprovider
    Also here on this shop the more categories contribution working

I found also a example for more categories infoboxes http://demo.biedmeer.nl/

regards
    Last edited by doumawis; 06-26-2011 at 03:08 AM.

osCMax Development Team

installing contributions for oscmax

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

If you are not a programmer you may find the install of that module a little tricky - it is also a bit of mess (IMO).

I did get someway towards a fairly simple solution to splitting the categories box by top level - http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-...egories-2.html

But we never quite finished and got it working ... the concept is pretty straight forward ... It is just complicated somewhat by the cacheing of the boxes.

Have a read of the thread - if it all seems rather complicated then I would use CSS to style the top level categories differently to the lower level ones - it will look pretty much the same!

Regards,
    pgmarshall

doumawis

Yes , thanks it is tricky, because i have to translate the old contribution code in some aerea to existing coding standards
    For that i have to understand how it is setup the boxes code ( the old way was i thought with classes)
    Problem is how much time it will take to get the code working ?

rivervalleydiscount

Quote Originally Posted by doumawis View Post
    The new code in Oscmax 2.5 must be working with the some old contribution code and i am not a php developer/programmer.
    Like yourself I am far from a programmer or developer. In fact I usually tend to break it before I have to fix it.

We have been toying around with the osCmax system for about a week now and really am impressed over any other cart we have used in the past. The installation of mods takes a bit of "poking around under the hood" but if you just follow that basic rule: Backup, Backup, Backup then it is fairly simple. As with any changes to a code the line numbers will not always match up with what the directions may indicate but if you look around, or even do a search, you can generally find what you are wanting to change.

Of the mods that we have installed the first was the most difficult simply because we needed to get used to a few files not being in the same places as they were with, say, OSCommerce. But it comes along fairly quickly and I think once you start messing with it a bit you will be quite impressed.

Hope that this helps and sorry for the running on.....lol