PDA

View Full Version : General Suggestions

Luxoria
08-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, I have a few suggestions for store features. I would image most you guys thought of before or are simply something the template designer or store admin has to do for himself, but some might be new and make good features for a release build.

Mods:

No login required to write a product review - switchable in admin. The goal is lessen the steps for customers to write reviews. With the checkout without account option, some customer may not have logins or not be aware they even received a password for an auto account. (Yes, spam happens, but the captcha functions well)

Links to write a review in order status update emails. - switchable in admin. (possible selectable of which status to append this to. i.e delivered)

Option to send email notification to store admin when a new review is in the approval queue.

Add F.A.Q. box in contact_us - switchable in admin. Basically like an integrated info page so that the admin can answer some of the basic questions to minimize unwarranted emails.

Add the ability to turn off 'Redeem Coupon' field in checkout or entire coupon system.

Add a 'Edit Cart' button in one page checkout.

In OPC, have city, state, zip aligned vertical like the preceding fields for consistency and cleanliness.

Reverse arrow on 'Continue Shopping' button. Pointing to the left seems to make more sense as that is associated with going back. (English button with left arrow attached)

Add dropdowns in the shopping cart that allows quick option adjustments. (see attached image. sample code attached (tested for dropdowns, not other options - needs to add price modifier to text output))

In admin, add the ability for the admin to highlight order statuses of choice. (example, highlight pending orders for quick recognition)

Enter search queries with no results into the database for further examination. (this has helped ID what my customers want or expect)

------

Other addons:

I am hoping to see an integrated estimate shipping option in the shopping cart. (The estimator posted by ridexbuilder works well, but I want to avoid popups. (I will try to integrate it into the shopping cart page soon))

Hopefully the option to add a tracking number into orders is in the works (other than through comments and status text) then the tracking number is linked directly in 'Your Account'. (Or even retrievable in an info box when a customer enters there telephone number or order number)

Dare I say text imprint. (*runs away*)

I was happy to read a SEO addon is being integrated at some time. =)

-----

I know you guys have much going on but let me know if any suggestions should be added to the bug tracker for later consideration.

pgmarshall
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
For me:

No login required to write a product review - Yes but coupled with review rewrite - too many steps and pages for the reviews process.

Links to write a review in order status update emails - Yes - but I was thinking more of http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=905 which I think has a sales follow up email to ask for a review.

Option to send email notification to store admin - Yes - But I was thinking something more like http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=1029 but I suppose an email function could easily be added.

Add F.A.Q. box in contact_us - might be easier to simply add to the language files or use information pages?

Add the ability to turn off 'Redeem Coupon' field in checkout or entire coupon system - Yes - I find the dual use of gift vouchers and coupons in the same field a little confusing.

OPC - I think we could build a better OPC ... I am using the old method for now - No comment.

Reverse arrow on 'Continue Shopping' button - why not!

Add dropdowns in the shopping cart that allows quick option adjustments - interesting but will need to work with OTF (option type feature - when we get it in!!)

In admin, add the ability for the admin to highlight order statuses of choice - you can select these using the drop down menu or clicking the link in the admin dashboard ... or are you talking about something else?

Enter search queries with no results into the database for further examination - seems sensible.If you want to add these to the bugtracker ... then please do them in separate issues, mark them as feature requests and put them into v2.6 (We may sneak a few of these in earlier!!)

Regards.

Luxoria
08-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Bug tracker updated with the various suggestions.

In admin, add the ability for the admin to highlight order statuses of choice - you can select these using the drop down menu or clicking the link in the admin dashboard ... or are you talking about something else?

Attached is an example of the feature I intended to describe. For me I really like it, but it might be considered fluff since there is important code work to be completed.

Thanks.

pgmarshall
08-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Put it in the tracker ... Why do you not want to highlight "Pending" or "Preparing IPN" ? Or do you think we should simply put a style class reference in the code so you can set the colour in the stylesheet.css file.

Regards.

Luxoria
08-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Added to the bug tracker.

For me and my usage, I would favor a simple checkbox, that when checked, will always highlight the corresponding order status of my choice when there are orders in that status. The intention is to have the admin be able to choose the order status he/she finds most important for highlighting.

In the picture attached in the above post, Pending and Preparing IPN are not highlighted because there are no orders in that status. Highlighting only occurs with two conditions: The admin desires highlighting for that status and there are orders in that status.

I hope this was more clear.