PDA

View Full Version : changing "order process" text on confirmation emails

ozdunker
02-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Does anyone know how to change the text on the confirmation order emails - subject line?

I have changed it in checkout_process which works fine, however when using Paypal ipn2.4 checkout it bypasses this file and uses another file. I can't find the relevant text in the paypal_ipn_standard files.

thanks

pgmarshall
02-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Best thing to do is to take the text from the subject line and do a global search through the files. Any text editor will do this now - have a look at our useful software page in the wiki.

Regards.

ozdunker
02-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Best thing to do is to take the text from the subject line and do a global search through the files. Any text editor will do this now - have a look at our useful software page in the wiki.

Regards.

Well I have been doing the "best thing" however unless there is a way to search through multiple files at once, I have to guess at which file to look so that I can edit the text. I don't know which file the paypal module pulls the text from.

Does anyone know the relevant file that I should be searching through? And if so what the name and location of that file is.

Thank you

pgmarshall
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM
That is exactly my point - the text editors CAN search multiple documents! Notepad++ does exactly this. Here is a link to explain how (and some other top tips - like setting the code languages etc.) 5 cool Notepad++ tricks (http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/notepadpp-tricks.html)

ozdunker
02-06-2012, 05:56 AM
great, thanks for the useful tip !