PDA

View Full Version : Adding link in admin panel

Webastral
07-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Hi

I am using osCmax 2.5.

I had made a new file in admin panel and want to add a link under catalog menu in admin section.

I had added
tep_admin_jqmenu(FILENAME_MYFILE, BOX_CATALOG_MYFILE, 'TOP') .

in admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php file

but it is not displaying the file.

I need your help
Thanks

ridexbuilder
07-09-2011, 04:48 AM
http://wiki.oscdox.com/files_access

Webastral
07-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi
I had checked that steps but it is not showing any dropdown to select a new file to add.

I am using version 2.5.

Can you please explain me the procedure in detail with a example.

Thanks

pixel22
07-12-2011, 02:34 AM
If You want than I can make this for You.
But i need password and login for yours admin panel.
You can sand me on private message

pgmarshall
07-12-2011, 02:40 AM
For v2.5 try http://wiki.oscdox.com/v2.5/files_access

Should be straight forward - let us know which step you are getting stuck on.

Regards,

pafranklin
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello,

Apologies for raising this topic again but it appears to try to address what I am wishing to achieve.

I wish to add three more pages (similar to orders.php) to the drop down menu in the admin side. I have added the files (orders2.php, orders3.php and orders4.php for example). I have also set these names in admin/includes/filenames.php and also added the tep_admin_jqmenu(FILENAME_ORDERS2, BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS2, 'TOP') . to the admin/includes/boxes/customers.php.

However the three new files do not appear in the customers drop down menu in admin. Equally there is no "Select <new_php_file>.php from the drop down" as indicated in the instructions (link below):

http://wiki.oscdox.com/v2.5/files_access

However I am running 2.5.1 if that makes a difference? I'm sure I am missing something so please would someone point me in the right direction?

Very many thanks.
Paul

glynn
02-02-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm stuck on this as well

ridexbuilder
02-02-2013, 08:04 AM
If y'all look at my recent EasyPopulate addition, then it should be very apparent what I have done to create a new Admin. menu item. Hint: read the install.txt
In this case however, it was new configuration items not a pointer to a file - which is similar. You should be comfortable with viewing existing database entries, otherwise I advise against trying to create new items. Since 'Max moved more Admin. entries into the database and became multi-lingual it is trickier than in previous releases. With flexibility comes complexity. :|

:blowup:

glynn
02-02-2013, 08:31 AM
I can access the file if I direct link to it but cannot see it in the menu.
The file is customer_group_discounts.php I have added to customers.php tep_admin_jqmenu(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_GROUP_DISCOUNTS , BOX_CUSTOMER_GROUP_DISCOUNTS,
'TOP') .
What am I doing wrong. Easy populate didn't really help

ridexbuilder
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I can access the file if I direct link to it but cannot see it in the menu.
The file is customer_group_discounts.php I have added to customers.php tep_admin_jqmenu(FILENAME_CUSTOMER_GROUP_DISCOUNTS , BOX_CUSTOMER_GROUP_DISCOUNTS,
'TOP') .
What am I doing wrong. Easy populate didn't really help

Only partial info. here.
Have you granted file access, as above?

glynn
02-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I did however I think I have found the problem it shows as customer_group_discounts.php when it should show as Customers, customer_group_discounts.php

i am not sure how to fix it.

glynn
02-02-2013, 09:45 AM
I have only in admin file access the file shows as customer_group_discounts.php when I think it should show as Customers, customer_group_discounts.php

I have no idea how to fix it

glynn
02-02-2013, 09:45 AM
sorry double post

glynn
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
If I add BOX_CUSTOMER_GROUP_DISCOUNTS to the customer_group_discounts.php in the database admin_files it shows correctly in the file access however it still does not appear in the customers dropdown menu in admin.

glynn
02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I am trying to install the mod that Micheal links here http://www.oscmax.com/forums/new-oscommerce-contributions/11548-quick-group-discount-module-sppc.html

JRR
02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Is there a default list of files that should be in each section of File Access? That would be handy for those of us who have mucked around and may have disconnected an important file link...

For example -

Administer should have:

admin_files.php

admin_members.php

admin_members.php?gID=groups

cache.php

configuration.php

configuration.php?gID=10

configuration.php?gID=11

configuration.php?gID=14

configuration.php?gID=15

configuration.php?gID=16

configuration.php?gID=55

error_log.php

merchant_info.php

paypal_info.php

phone_order.php

php_error_test.php

quick_links.php

rp.php

ship_canadapost.php

sitemonitor.php

upgrade.php

And how do you add links to files like "configuration.php?gID=10" and what does that mean???

For example, I'd like to get Security to recognize a file but haven't a clue where it should go (sitemonitor.php)...

Thanks!

glynn
02-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Thanks for you help it turned out to be a wrong link in filenames.php.
I have since converted the Group discount module for 2.5 so if anyone want it just pm me.
I would upload it, only my last mod I made ( although it worked ) It was not well recieved and I was told I was way off but nobody put me right.

artrat
02-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Loading page two of this thread results in this for me:

A username and password are being requested by f l i p p e r s DOT c o m . The site says: "Protected"

This can't be good. ;)

JRR
02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Opps, deleted those links...argh you are right it wasn't good. Thanks!