PDA

View Full Version : [Payment Module] google checkout

ozdunker
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone is using Google checkout.

I was looking into using it, as the merchant fees are cheaper than then fees that I am being charged.

When I set up google checkout with all the information, I can set up the preferred shipping method and a handling markup.

I add google checkout module to my store and enable it.

When i checkout using the google checkout, it gives my multiple postage options fedex, ups, usps etc etc with no mark up. It is completely ignoring the options that i had set.

So i decided again not to use it. A few minute later a customer places an order for a product and pays with google checkout, choosing Fedex who i dont use.

Anyway there is an order and it has been paid for, however the order doesnt show in my store.

So I have two issues with google checkout, the shipping options, and the capturing of the order into oscmax.

I do have authorize.net as my main checkout option.

Is there anyone else successfully using google checkout?

thanks

rivervalleydiscount
07-01-2011, 09:48 PM
What version of osCMax are you using?
Have you verified in your Google Checkout account your shipping settings?
Have you got the return URL set in GC?

ozdunker
07-02-2011, 05:15 AM
1) oscmax2.5,
2) gives the shipping settins were set in google checkout to use USPS, but it is showing every possible option with no markup.
3) is this the "API callback URL ? " I don't have anything entered for that.

View Shipping Method - Standard
To make changes, select edit below.
Shipping details
Method: USPS > Priority Mail
Surcharge: 0.0% and USD6.00
Shipping origin: xxxxx
Default cost: USD15.00

rivervalleydiscount
07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
1) oscmax2.5,
2) gives the shipping settins were set in google checkout to use USPS, but it is showing every possible option with no markup.
3) is this the "API callback URL ? " I don't have anything entered for that.

View Shipping Method - Standard
To make changes, select edit below.
Shipping details
Method: USPS > Priority Mail
Surcharge: 0.0% and USD6.00
Shipping origin: xxxxx
Default cost: USD15.00

Ok, what is your website?

If I recall correctly, and it has been quite awhile since we used GC, but in the Google settings you need to specify your API Callback URL. I believe that this was done by going to Settings-->Integration in your checkout account.

Looking at the v2.5 RC1 file structure, I see that there is a file located at /catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php I am wondering if perhaps this could be the return path file? As I had mentioned previously, I am simply taking a stab in the dark here.

Maybe we can get Michael, EJ or one of the other more experienced guys on here to comment on this one for you.

ozdunker
07-03-2011, 03:04 PM
In the admin under modules-payment modules-google checkout ---- there is a link which says "For more options, see the Advanced Configuration Dashboard" however that link is wrong. for some reason it has the wrong domain name in there, plus i dont think it links to the correct place.

If I enter an address into the google checkout settings then it wants more information.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Callback contents:
Notification Serial Number
e.g. serial-number=123-456-7
Notification as XML (Requires an HTTPS URL)
e.g. <google-order-number>123</google-order-number>...
Notification as HTML (name/value pairs) (Requires an HTTPS URL)
e.g. google-order-number=123&...

ridexbuilder
07-04-2011, 02:23 AM
None of my clients use GC, so I have no experience of it.

ozdunker
07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
anyone else?

ozdunker
07-04-2011, 02:51 PM
this looks like a bug - there is a link which says "For more options, see the Advanced Configuration Dashboard" however that link is wrong. for some reason it has the wrong domain name in there, plus i dont think it links to the correct place.

ridexbuilder
07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
this looks like a bug - there is a link which says "For more options, see the Advanced Configuration Dashboard" however that link is wrong. for some reason it has the wrong domain name in there, plus i dont think it links to the correct place.
Works OK for me, with RC1 - http://your-domain.com/catalog/your-admin/gc_dashboard.php - a different domain name suggests that you have a configuration (configure.php) issue.

ridexbuilder
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
However....
In Advanced options:
API callback URL is incorrect by default, on my setup - easy to fix - just enter the correct path in Google instead!
http://your-domain/catalog/responsehandler.php

ridexbuilder
07-04-2011, 03:13 PM
The htaccess.php file is a bit of a hoot...
Wild parameter passing by the looks of things, plus

Old files will be overrided! :-D

The whole module appears very US-centric, so pleased to leave it to you guys, over The Pond.

raaowdot
07-05-2011, 06:07 AM
I had this problem and realised the callback link was incorrect. It stated the folder was /admgooglecheckout/ when in fact it was just /googlecheckout/

Get that right and it should work.

ozdunker
07-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Ok well it is not working because that link in my setup is wrong.

the link should be https://domain.com/admin/gc_dashboard.php

But i have a different domain, from another website I own, and I have the /catalog/ after the admin.

The API callback link which is now showing in the dashboard is showing https://domain.comgooglecheckout/responsehandler.php so it looks like an error.

How to I modify my link in the admin to point to the dashboard page?

ozdunker
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I am also unsure which GC option i should be selecting. A, B or C. thanks

Callback contents:
(A) Notification Serial Number
e.g. serial-number=123-456-7
(B) Notification as XML (Requires an HTTPS URL)
e.g. <google-order-number>123</google-order-number>...
(C) Notification as HTML (name/value pairs) (Requires an HTTPS URL)
e.g. google-order-number=123&...

ozdunker
07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
How to I modify my link in the admin to point to the dashboard page?