PDA

View Full Version : [Products/Categories] Status and Hidden on/off buttons have gone missing.

chopperwelsh
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi

I have a few catagories that I need to turn off for the minute. When I first set the site up the red and green buttons where there to turn these on and off but they have now gone missing.

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Kev

michael_s
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
osCmax v2.5 doesn't have category on off buttons. Only products and featured buttons.

ridexbuilder
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
osCmax v2.5 doesn't have category on off buttons. Only products and featured buttons.
Categories do have "Hidden" and "Status" headers, which is confusing.

chopperwelsh
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
This might be a stupid question but...You sure?
I'm sure I had to turn on the catagories when I installed this version and then made the database work from an old version work with this version.

So if this version doesnt have it why does the admin section still have the labels where the buttons used to be? Also why doesnt it have that functionality? It was and in my mind still is a very handy function.

ridexbuilder
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
This might be a stupid question but...You sure?
I'm sure I had to turn on the catagories when I installed this version and then made the database work from an old version work with this version.

So if this version doesnt have it why does the admin section still have the labels where the buttons used to be? Also why doesnt it have that functionality? It was and in my mind still is a very handy function.

I've just checked in B3 & RC1 - Edit the Category and you can choose to hide from a Customer Group - then an icon for hidden will display.

pgmarshall
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I do NOT see this in RC1 - nor do I expect to. (hide category BY customer groups)

Hidden from Groups (for categories) does not play nice with SPPC and other core functionality ... at the moment you must hide all products within a category to achieve this effect. ie. hiding stuff only works at product level at present.

Noted: Hidden from groups: is displayed in the right hand column - which it shouldn't (until the functionality works.)

**edit** - can someone check if enable/disable categories was in v2.0.25 - I can not see it ...

Regards,

pgmarshall
04-22-2011, 12:09 AM
On further investigation I think I added enable/disable categories to my 2.0.25 demo store but not the source code ... both the source for v2.0.25 and v2.5SVN do not contain the green and green lights for category level.

Regards,

michael_s
04-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Like I said... ;)

pgmarshall
04-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Yep! Sorry I should have read the whole thread carefully ... I was also thrown by the fact my v2.0.x store does have them (because I put the code in!)

Might be worth considering for v2.6? Anyway - if anyone thinks they need it please post a feature request in the bugtracker (don't post as a bug or I will simply delete it!)

Regards,